DONATE FOOD, CLOTHING OR MONEY!
We're a community celebration and depend on your help and generosity to serve thousands of people on Thanksgiving. We rely on you for every item. Your group can start a food or clothing drive.
If you aren't collecting ahead of time, you can always bring non-perishable food and other donations Wednesday afternoon to the VA, or to dropoff locations listed here.
Naturally we need money to help defray certain production costs including renting tables and chairs, lights, generators, shuttle vans, security, etc. You can
or send a check to VCF Westside. Be sure to put "Thanksgiving" in the memo line. Mail to:
Westside Thanksgiving Dinner, 3838 S. Centinela Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90066
or bring it to the event!
WHAT WE NEED!
- 300 cooked UNSTUFFED turkeys
- For health reasons it is important that you follow the recipe carefully [recipe here]
- Bring the UNSTUFFED turkeys piping hot between NOON WEDNESDAY AND 8AM THANKSGIVING MORNING.
- 600 pumpkin pies
- Buy one or bake one, but please don't bring it frozen.
- Deliver pies between 6-10am on Thursday.
- 1000 Boxes of Stovetop stuffing (turkey or chicken flavored)
- 250 Boxes of instant mashed potatoes
- 200 Large cans of green beans
- 240 Large cans of cranberry sauce
- 200 Large cans of turkey gravy
- 200 Pounds of coffee
- 350 Gallons of bottled water
- 500 Juice boxes for kids
Clothing & Misc.
- Clothing of all kinds, in new or good used condition
- Men's pants and socks, the more the better!
- Medium-sized stuffed animals in new or mint condition